We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Holborn Clinic may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 04/03/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Sometimes we may use the information to improve our products and services.
- No promotional emails will be send.
- None of your information is used for marketing. Wee will not contact you unless in direct response to a request by you or to follow up you recovery as an ongoing patient. We may contact you by email or phone. Using the information to customise the website according to your interests may be appropriate.
Our team are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. Please note we do not pass details to other partners. Unless as an ongoing patient to be sent to the surgeon or on request to be sent to your GP.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information in particular your images taken from procedures conducted at the Holborn Clinic for direct marketing (website updates or literature) purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected].
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Get your information.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email [email protected]. Or write to the Holborn Clinic 97 Grays Inn Road London WC1X 8 TX. Please note unless you are an ongoing patient we will destroy consultation records and images as soon as practicable. This is in accordance with new Genera Data Protection Regulations 2018
If any information we are holding on you is incorrect please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We invite any comments by patients or any other person in relation to the above. Privacy for patients at our clinic is of the upmost importance for the Holborn Clinic.
We are registered with the Care Quality Commission CQC and the Trichological Society TTS.