While itchy scalps and the embarrassing white flakes may be at the forefront of your mind, you may find that a medicated shampoo does little to quell the problem. It’s easy to think you simply have dandruff, but the symptoms can be related to more severe scalp diseases.
At The Holborn Clinic we have the experience as trichologists to diagnose, analyse and find a solution for your scalp problem. It may well be simply dandruff, but you will be better placed to deal with the potential issues if you visit our clinic in London.
What scalp diseases stem from dandruff?
You may be surprised to know that some of the most serious scalp and skin diseases begin with symptoms like dandruff. Included in that list are:
- Scalp Eczema
- Scalp Psoriasis
- Contact, Allergic or Irritant Reaction
- Lichen Planus Planopiliaris
- Scarring Alopecias
To help reassure you about your trip to see a trichologist with us at The Holborn Clinic, here are three steps we will work through together:
- Consultation: It’s important we get to know the problems you are facing, the areas of itchiness and the products that you are currently using on your hair and scalp.
- Diagnosis: Our detailed and thorough scalp assessment at The Holborn Clinic will ensure we find out the problem and what is causing it.
- Treatment: Once this is complete, we will have the information we need to produce a future plan for you.